Friday, June 13, 2014

Chad's First Post

First and foremost, I would like to thank the SCLOC for allowing me the opportunity to run this blog. I also wish to thank my grandfather, Neil Vitale, for providing me with the knowledge necessary to do so, while he is keeping busy from sunrise to sunset on the farm. With that being said, I'm very excited about undertaking this project, and look forward to lending a hand to The Coalition in any way that I can. My interest in natural gas development in New York State began in the late summer of 2010, when I realized that if the drilling industry were to come into New York, particularly in Steuben County, I might not have to watch my neighbors lose their farms, and I might not have to leave my community in order to secure a decently paying career. I, along with my grandfather, began to write opinion editorials to the newspaper on the subject of hydraulic fracturing in the Marcellus Shale. Eventually, I found myself testifying at the DEC hearings in Dansville, and speaking at a large landowners rally in Albany. Running this blog is another small way in which I will continue to fight the good fight. My next post will feature an opinion editorial by Jeff Heller on the subject of "green energy". He takes the subject out of the lecture halls and takes it into the real world, and as always, hits the nail on the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment