Saturday, May 28, 2011

May 28, 2011

A wise person once said, you need to stop and smell the flowers and reflect on the positive things that are occurring around us, I am going to take a few minutes to do that right now. I was always in awe of the talent and dedication of the members of SCLOC and JLC and the organizations that help support us. This past month I have attended many meetings and have meet many new people, I have been very impressed by the caliber of the young people helping in our quest to get natural gas drilling back into our State.

There are two young people from Energy in Depth that are doing great work helping the coalitions in getting the truth out about drilling in the Marcellus Shale. There is a young man in the newly formed Tompkins County coalition who was one of the most articulate young person I have met in a long time. There is a young woman from Deposit NY, who is doing great work helping the coalitions to gear up for the XTO’S hearing next month on the water withdrawal application with the DRBC. Finally I have to mention the support of our newly elected Assemblyman Phil Palmesano for his support for SCLOC. I am more convinced than ever that citizens of New York, who support natural gas drilling and hydraulic fracturing in the State, will be victorious! Until next week, Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment